Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Praise The Lord

Praise is represented in the Bible as a duty, no less than a natural impulse and delight. To fail in this duty is to withhold from God’s glory that which belongs to Him.

Psalm 106:1 Praise ye the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

What motivates us to praise the Lord? Many things, but here are a few:
  • Answered prayer 
  • Fixing our hearts on Jesus 
  • Counting our blessings 
  • Dwelling on God’s gifts and His Word
I have a praise. I went to Walmarts yesterday. Knowing I needed a motor cart (most are usually taken), I prayed on the way.

“Please, please, please, Lord, let me find a motor cart.”

Turning into the parking lot, I rephrased my prayer.  “Sorry, Lord for begging. I know you love me, and you know my need. I ask you to make one available.”

Beside the perfect parking spot sat a juiced up motor cart. I grabbed it and praised the Lord..