Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

God Gives A Song

Isaiah 12:2  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. 

The LORD JEHOVAH is God’s redemptive name --- delivering salvation. The song in the twelfth chapter of Isaiah was sung at the Exodus by the Red Sea. It was sung again as Ezra dedicated the Temple after captivity. It will be sung again in the Millennial, praising God for His great salvation and redemption.

I play my gospel-Ipod (nearly 2,000 songs) every time I get in the car to go some place. Songs like He Touched Me, How Great Thou Art, There’s Something About That Name, What A Lovely Name, Beulah Land, The Blood Will Never Lose It’s Power and I’d Rather Have Jesus are but a few of many that draw me to praise and trust. These beautiful songs calm my fears and boost my faith.

Did I mention the CD in a file at a mortuary in Kansas to insure that six of my testimony songs will be played at my funeral. Did I mention the song God gave me after cancer surgery --- Sheltered In The Arms Of God?