Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Rest For Your Soul

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Does the word "weary" ever describe your life? Jesus has been surrounded by those who are weary, either with vain efforts at religion or vain struggles against sin. These people need to know that there’s a haven of rest, and that is Jesus.

When we come to Jesus for salvation we are given rest. We are given peace with God, a calmness and a quietness about our future. We are given refreshment for our journey.

When we surrender to the Lord's yoke and are pulling the burden He has designed for us, there will be satisfaction, even in the midst of trials and afflictions.

Oh how I wish  every weary, groaning, battered, depressed, unhappy, exhausted, and desperate person seeking rest will come to Jesus. Only He can satisfy your soul.