Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

My Greatest Comfort

My greatest comfort these days is in hope that is beyond this world—when I see Jesus for the first time. 

John 14:1,3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. ,  ,  ,  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.                  

I met Jesus in salvation but not face to face. I can’t wait to see Him as He is, to spend eternity in His glorious presence.

In 1891 Fanny Crosby, blind as she was, wrote about it in a beautiful song.

“When my lifework is ended, and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand,
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
By the print of the nails in His hands.”
When life is pressing, comfort yourself with these words.